This is a favorite make ahead breakfast for the egg lovers in the household. You mix it all together the night before and then all you need to do in the morning is bake it. I made one of these for Christmas breakfast and it disappeared in a hurry. This was my mom’s recipe.
Egg and Sausage Breakfast Dish
- baking dish
- 1 lb breakfast sausage cooked and grease drained off
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 slices bread crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp onion chopped fine (or use dried minced onion)
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.