I had three overripe bananas on the counter. Since LC is heading back to college tomorrow and JD is heading back to Springfield, I thought I’d make some banana muffins. I asked LC if he wanted chocolate chips or pecans in them. He said both.
The muffins are cooling on the counter right now. One is already gone. So I’m not sure any of these will actually make it on the road with my traveling boys. But that’s OK if they enjoy them here also.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pecan Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Put the bananas in the bowl of your mixer. Beat until just mashed.
- Beat in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk until just mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer. Mix until just combined. (Do not overmix)
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until set and lightly brown.
- Let cool. Enjoy!