I was asked for some of our recipes for our freezer meals outreach, so here is one we made this last cook night. It is a favorite and we make this at least every two months because it gets grabbed out of the freezer pretty quickly.
Usually we say each pan is about 3 servings. If we are sending the meal to a larger family, we send two pans. We also keep some steam-in-bag vegetables and some frozen rolls in the freezer. So I usually send some of those with the meatloaf to make a complete meal. And, sometimes we even have frozen cookie dough which I will also send, especially if the recipients of the meal have kids.
Freezer Meatloaf Recipe
- 6 small disposable pans with lids (something like these)
- 6 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 cup finely diced onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme or other seasoning
- about 2 cup ketchup
- Prepare the pans with cooking spray.
- Gently mix ingredients except ketchup in a large bowl. Just be careful not to over-mix, or the meat will be tough.
- Shape beef mixture into 6 loaves and place in the prepared pans. Leave a little space around the sides of the pan.
- Spread a thin layer of ketchup over the top of each meatloaf.
- Write directions (below) on the lids. Place lids on pans and seal.
- Freeze immediately
Directions (Written on lids)
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked through. (Increase the baking time if the meat is still partially frozen)
- Slice and serve.