It’s a holiday classic. While this is not my favorite way to fix green beans, it is a staple during the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. It goes together in just a few minutes and holds well in the oven.
Green Bean Casserole
- baking dish
- 2 cans green beans cut or French style, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup French fried onions approximately
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the beans, soup, and water chestnuts and spoon into dish.
- Top with French fried onions.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.