When I decided to cook a ham for Christmas, I knew I’d have to make some corn also. The family loves corn! I decided to make my “lighter” version of corn casserole. Most recipes for corn casserole call for a good amount of butter, but this is a version without butter.
Even though it is much lower in fat than other versions, it is still moist and delicious. I like it better than the original version, which I find pretty heavy.
Lighter Corn Casserole
- baking dish
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 pkg Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients and put in the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until set and golden brown around the edges.
- Serve warm.