When I decided to cook a ham for Christmas, I knew I’d have to make some corn also. The family loves corn! I decided to make my “lighter” version of corn casserole. Most recipes for corn casserole call for a good amount of butter, but this is a version without butter.
Even though it is much lower in fat than other versions, it is still moist and delicious. I like it better than the original version, which I find pretty heavy.
Lighter Corn Casserole
This lower fat version of the traditional corn casserole omits the butter but still comes out creamy and delicious. In some parts of the country this dish would be called corn pudding.
- baking dish
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 pkg Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients and put in the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until set and golden brown around the edges.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply