We made meals for our freezer meals outreach again a few days ago. We made three different dishes, including one of the favorites, No Boil Mac n Cheese!
We make Mac n Cheese every two or three months. This one is very kid friendly and also meatless for Lent. Although this might not be the healthiest dish in the world. 🙂 But these meals are for people who are stressed and need a little extra love. So sometimes we provide that in the form of Mac n Cheese.
For the record, when I first saw this recipe I didn’t think the noodles would be tender without boiling them first. So I made this for my family without freezing it. And yes, the noodles do cook. You just need to stir it up before serving; This really is a great meal to keep in our outreach freezer, especially for when somebody comes by to pick up meals for a family with kids.
No Boil Mac n Cheese Recipe
- 2 small disposable pans with lids (something like these)
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz macaroni
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter and whisk in flour. Add milk, salt, and pepper
- Put macaroni in pans. (Divide all ingredients between both pans.)
- Add cheeses over macaroni.
- Pour milk mixture over macaroni, submerging noodles.
- Write directions (below) on the lids. Place lids on pans and seal.
- Freeze immediately
Directions (Written on lids)
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Leave cover on. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.