I had a request from ZM for Christmas morning breakfast: homemade cinnamon rolls. So the first step is to make some sweet roll dough. This is my favorite sweet dough roll recipe. It is rich and buttery. Because that is what they like!
Sweet Roll Dough
- Mixer or bread machine
To make in ABM
- Add all of the ingredients to the pan according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Start the dough cycle.
- Check during the cycle. If it appears sticky, add some additional flour.
- When cycle ends, proceed with shaping rolls.
To make by hand with a mixer
- Heat the milk and butter until warm (about 120 degrees)
- In the bowl of your mixer, add 2 cups of flour, the milk mixture, sugar, salt, egg, and gluten.
- Mix until ingredients are moistened.
- Mix in the yeast.
- Add additional flour untill it begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, addiing additional sprinkles of flour as needed.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Proceed with shaping rolls.