This is a favorite breakfast around here, especially for Christmas morning. I like to serve this up with some sausage and egg casserole. Fresh out of the oven, these cinnamon rolls are warm, gooey, and fragrant. They don’t last long when all of the boys are home.
- Baking pan
For the rolls
- 1 batch sweet roll dough
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
For the glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream approximatedly
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Grease your baking pan.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is approximately an 18×12 inch rectangle.
- Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Spread the melted butter on the dough.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough.
- Starting with the 18 inch side, roll up the dough.
- Cut the roll of dough into 18 slices. Place the slices in the greased pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Uncover the rolls and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the warm rolls.
- Serve immediately.